header

header
Success Starts Here

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Why Get Organized?

If you are like most of us today, you are probably feeling that you have too little time and too much to do. As a result, you try to ‘multitask and often end up not getting the things done that are needed. Even little things grow into mountains of work that you feel you can never quite reach the summit on.

 

I spent years being very unorganized. I had a desk that was a mess at school and a room that was a mess at home. As I grew older, I found myself with a messy desk at work and a messy car in the driveway and multiple messy rooms in my house.

 

It wasn’t until I came to the conclusion that I needed to change the direction that my life was going that I realized how things as little as a cluttered desk could be keeping me from reaching my goals and having a better life. It was then that I determined that I had to get organized, why it was so important and how to teach this to my child so she would know how to stay organized as well in order to give her a head start advantage that I didn’t have.

 

The purpose of this series is not just to tell you how to clean your home or desk so that everything is where you can find it, but also how to organize your life so that it is easier to manage and alleviates overwhelm. Although I eventually realized that it was much easier to have my important papers in a place that I could have easy access to as well as the value of having a home that didn’t look like a pigsty, I found that my mind was still unorganized throughout much of my life. I often felt like a hamster on a wheel. It wasn’t until much later when I learned not only how to organize my home and work place, but also my mind.

 

This series, I hope, will teach you how to organize every aspect of your life - from your home, your work and even your entire lifestyle. It will also teach you some valuable tips and teaching secrets that you can pass on to your children so that they can learn the value of organization as well. You will learn valuable lessons on organization that you can use to keep your life in order and avoid feeling overwhelmed all of the time as well as read some anecdotes that perhaps you can relate to.

 

It will also teach you how you can stay organized even when things occur that throw you off your routine. We are not robots, we’re humans. And as everyone knows, we have things that come up that are unpredictable that can throw us off. You want to be organized, but you do not want to be so rigid that you can’t handle a break in the routine without being able to adjust.

 

Organization is essential for you to live a healthier life in both mind and body. When you feel as though you are well organized, you also feel as though you have more control in your every day life. It makes those around you more comfortable and can also lead to more harmony with those around you. Why get a little organization in your life? The answer is simple - to keep your sanity, make you more efficient and to also give some sort of structure to your life and those around you.

 

No matter how unorganized you are, you can become the epitome of organization by taking the tips from this series. The first step is to realize that you did not get overwhelmed all at once, it took months, years or even a lifetime for you to get to the state you are in now. However, even if your house is a total wreck, your kids are sapping all of your energy, your dog is constantly having ‘accidents’ and leaving your ‘presents’ around the house and your work life is a mess because you keep skipping from one project to another or you spend part of your day just looking for stuff, you can get it all back on track. It is important to know the first step in the process is to remember the old question, “how do you eat an elephant?” The answer…One bite at a time.

 

Remember that you have to train your organization skills “one bite at a time” and start with small goals that will eventually lead up to the big goal, which is having organization in your life, work and home. Trust me, if I can do this, so can you.

 

The purpose of these blog posts is to help you strive to be more successful and to create a life worth living, so I never want to end a post without giving your some sort of “power question” to ponder over. Answering these questions will help you to take action.

 

Power Question for the day:

Make a list of negatives in your life; now, how can you make those into positives?

No comments:

Post a Comment